Current VacanciesView all vacancies
Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Chief Finance & Operations Officer
Salary £50,000 p.a.
Do you have the leadership, financial management and organisational skills and experience to ensure our successful Primary Academies thrive?
If so, we would really like to talk to you!
We are seeking to appoint a proven leader to this key position within the Trust working alongside and reporting to the Chief Executive. Based at our Endeavour offices at Little Mead Primary Academy, the Chief Finance and Operations Officer is the senior leader responsible for the Trust’s finance, corporate and operational support functions. This is a varied and challenging position with significant growth potential.
Job Title: Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Responsible to: CEO and Board of Trustees
Responsible for: Finance, business and regulatory compliance across the Trust; oversight of all non-education functions
Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week) and year-round including some early evening meetings
Start date: as soon as possible
The CF&OO is an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team and has responsibility for the Trust’s business and finance functions, regulatory compliance and leads on the preparation of business development funding bids. In addition, the role oversees procurement and contract management, premises and estate management, health and safety management, HR, catering and associated policies and all other non-education support functions. As the Trust grows, the CF&OO will have a major role in the development of new proposals including due diligence on potential school acquisitions.
- Leadership of a diverse team providing all non-educational support functions; continuing to reshape the structure and function of the central and school-based teams in line with best practice models to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the Trust
- Ensuring that all financial systems and processes are robust; establishing benchmarking to ensure equity of offer across the Trust and proposing and implementing agreed improvements where required in line ESFA and sector best practice
- Management control and reporting of Trust financial performance to the Board, Executive Leadership Team and external agencies in accordance with stated requirements and timescales. Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
- Overseeing procurement and contract management with Trust suppliers and contractors; HR functions and premise and asset management
- Establish and maintain outstanding professional relationships in line with Trust values across the schools in the Trust, the local authority and other MATs and with the Regional school’s commissioner, ESFA and other stakeholders with a keen awareness for identification of funding and other opportunities
- Other work as directed by the Chief Executive Officer to support the continued growth and success of the Trust
- Accountancy or similar professional qualification; business management degree or equivalent substantial businesses management experience. Whilst an accounting qualification is not essential, it is an advantage; the role requires confidence and clear understanding of accounting, budgeting and financial matters relevant to the close supervision of, control and reporting of business performance and candidates will need to demonstrate this in their application
- Proven experience and success in a key leadership role managing complex issues across multiple sites. Education sector experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- A commitment and passion for supporting the ethos of the Trust is expected and required in this role along with exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills which will be required internally and externally.
- A valid driving license and own transport is essential for success in this role.
- Enrolment in the Local government pension scheme;
- We honour any continuous service earned in any Local Authority;
- Holiday entitlement: 32 days (24 holiday days plus 8 statutory days) rising to 37 days (29 plus 8) after 5 years’ service;
- Tailored career progression through performance management;
- Flu vaccination vouchers; subsidised eye tests for desk-based employees and access to 24-hour employee assistance programme
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our values and vision then we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Application is by introductory letter and a completed application form. Please note that we will only consider applications on this form and will not consider CVs so please ensure that your supporting statement on the application (section 6) meets the requirements of the person specification. We encourage you to be succinct and to restrict your supporting statement to no more than four pages in length.
For an application pack and form or to submit your completed application, please email: email@example.com We do not accept C.V.s or letters without an application form.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The post will be dependent on a satisfactory disclosure and barring service record check and acceptable references. Our Safeguarding policy can be found at: https://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk/314/policies
The Trust’s policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.
A copy of our recruitment policy including our statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID situation we are unable to offer visits.
If you would like to find out more information, our CEO – Shirley Clarke, will be happy to arrange an informal conversation with herself and/or the current post holder. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to agree a suitable time.
- Application deadline: Monday 7th December 12 noon
- Shortlisting: w/c 07/12/2020
- Interviews: TBC but likely to be w/c 14/12/2020